Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $63,600.00
Maximum Pay Rate: $95,400.00
Line of Business: Aggregates
Position Type: Full-Time
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
The Production/Maintenance Supervisor role is based in Athens, IL, and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What you’ll get to do
• Plan and schedule plant maintenance to maximize productivity and optimize the utilization of manpower, resources, and equipment.
• Supervise and direct production crews, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, as well as daily, weekly, and annual performance objectives.
• Report daily production and track KPIs of plant performance.
• Ensure material production meets quality control standards.
• Assist in accessing and optimizing the usage of existing reserves.
• Schedule plant and mobile repair and maintenance internally and with outside vendors.
• Ensure proper staffing levels are kept for the efficiency of the plant at all times.
• Promote safe work habits and provide safe working conditions – lead daily tailgate meetings, ensure job tasks are completed as per job procedures, and demonstrate leadership towards all company safety policies.
Essential Experience and Skills
• 5 years of work experience in aggregate maintenance/production or at least 3 years of supervisory experience in a related industry.
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to communicate, concisely, and respectfully.
• Composure, and the ability to professionally present information to, and respond to questions from others.
• Ability, desire, and motivation that align with the work environment, fluctuating shift schedules, extended periods moving back and forth to all areas of the plant, and occasionally lifting heavy objects and working in awkward/confined spaces.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Working knowledge of aggregate maintenance/production equipment and processes.
• Analytical abilities and comfort with using data and objective information for making decisions.
• Project team experience.
• Union and non-union environments.
• Capability and desire to become a plant manager in the future.
• Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled