Pay Class: Salaried Non-Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $20.91
Maximum Pay Rate: $28.23
Line of Business: Cement Operations
The Role and the Company
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
The Terminal Associate role is based in Bowling Green, KY and reports directly to the Terminal Supervisor and will be responsible for daily tasks having to do with maintenance of equipment and loading and unloading of bulk and packaged cement. The successful applicant will learn all facets of terminal operations including but not limited to the following:
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
• Be involved in and aware of all aspects of the day-to-day cement terminal operation.
• Participates in the loading and unloading of cement products from railcars or bulk trucks.
• Coordinates bulk loading activities with customer drivers and sales personnel.
• Inspect railcars and bulk trucks before loading.
• Operate track mobile or car puller to move and position railcars in place for unloading or switching tracks.
• Operate controls to convey proper cement to bulk silos or bulk trucks.
• Responsible for ensuring customer orders are filled accurately. Promptly addresses customer concerns and refers more complex problems to supervisor for resolution.
• Ensures shipping and receiving paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Responsible for the unloading and/or transfers of bulk material or cement products from railcars and/or trucks to silos or other storage containers.
• Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on terminal equipment, some of which is on top of the silos being 100 feet tall.
• Performs housekeeping of the facility.
• Follows all safety policies, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Helps promote safe work habits and a safe work environment along with weekly safety meetings and job pre-work analysis.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment problems to minimize downtime and ensure proper operation.
• Maintain Vendor relationships
Essential Experience and Skills
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Previous experience in cement or related industry a plus - maintenance background is very helpful
• Prior material handling experience is strongly preferred
• Must have proven mechanical and electrical ability; welding experience is a plus
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Demonstrated technical knowledge, hardware, and software, with computers; MS Office products and SAP preferred
• Clerical skills a plus
• Willing and capable of working extended hours and weekends if needed
• Capable of accessing heights - top of railcars, stairways to silo top elevations, etc.
• Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds regularly
• Demonstrated commitment and ability to follow safe working practices in a team environment.
• Available to work 2nd shift.
Must be able to work at heights of up to 135'
Must be able to work in a dusty environment
Must be willing to work overtime and occasional weekends.
Must have basic computer skills and able to work a computer
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled