Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $78,800.00
Maximum Pay Rate: $118,100.00
Line of Business: Cement Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
The Role and the Company
Heidelberg Materials is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Production Supervisor role is based in Mason City, IA and reports directly to the Production Manager.
THIS IS A ROTATING SHIFT POSITION.
What you’ll get to do
• Supervise and lead the workforce to achieve maximum production capability
• Maximize product quality by adhering to plant specifications, goals, and objectives
• Optimize the utilization and effectiveness of personnel and equipment
• Administer the collective bargaining agreement
• Manage personnel and processes to ensure compliance with all safety and environmental rules and regulations
• Coordinate shift activities with other process supervisors to ensure continuity of operation
• Ensure the efficient operation of plant equipment and meet production demands
Essential Experience and Skills
• High School diploma
• Mechanical experience with process equipment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Ability to make timely and critical decisions – able to work under conditions of stress and deal with a multitude of tasks simultaneously
• Motivation, ability, and willingness to work rotating shifts, holidays, and overtime as needed to ensure leadership coverage and support for the operation
• Cement plant experience or closely related industry
• Able to supervise and troubleshoot all different kinds of technical, operational, quality, and environmental problems
• Working knowledge and technical understanding of the cement manufacturing process and its equipment, process control systems, and lab systems
Preferred Experience and Skills
• 5 years or more cement plant operating experience
• College education or post-high school technical training
• Understanding the chemistry of raw mix, clinker, and cement
• The role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace.
Employer Statement :
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled